What We Believe
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God. The human authors wrote under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit so that the very words recorded in the original manuscripts are without error. The Bible is the complete and final authority for belief and behavior – 2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21; 1 Corinthians 2:13;John 17:17
- God: Is the Creator and Supreme Ruler of the Universe. Although there is ONLY one God, we believe He has eternally existed in three eternal and coequal persons: The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit. Mark 12:29; John 4:24; Matthew 3:16-17; Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14.
- Jesus Christ: Is the pre-existent and eternal Son of God who became man in order to reveal God and redeem man. We believe He was supernaturally conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. We believe Christ died on the cross as a substitute for sinful man, was buried, arose bodily from the tomb, ascended into Heaven where He ministers on the behalf of saints and someday will come again for His own. John 1:18; 5:58; Matthew1:23; Colossians 1:15-17; 1 Timothy 1:15 and 3:16.
- The Holy Spirit: Is fully equal with God the Father and God the Son. The Holy Spirit is active in the world to restrain evil, convict people of sin and bestow God’s goodness to all. He also indwells every Christian from the moment of salvation, providing power for living guidance and spiritual gifting. Acts 5:3-4; 2 Thessalonians 2:3-9; John 16:7-11; Matthew 5:45; Titus 3:5; Ephesians 1:13; 1 Corinthians 6:19; and 12:13; Ephesians 3:20; 1 Corinthians 14; James 5:14; Ephesians 5:18; Romans 8:16; and John 16:13.
- Human Beings: Man was created in the image and likeness of God to glorify him. Through deliberate disobedience, we believe man fell from his sinless stat and lost his fellowship with God and became subject to spiritual and physical death. We believe that through Adam’s transgression the entire human race has inherited a sinful nature which is essentially evil and unable to please God. Genesis 1:26-27 and 3:24; Romans 5:12; Ephesians 2:1-3.
- Salvation: From the penalty and power of sin is provided only through the blood of Jesus Christ, which He shed on the cross when He died in our place. Salvation cannot be earned, it must be received as a free gift through personal faith in Jesus Christ. At the time of Salvation a person’s sins are forgiven and he is declared righteous in the sight of God. This salvation is complete and all who have trusted Christ as Savior will never lose their salvation. 1Peter 1:18-19; 2 Corinthians 5:21; 1 Peter 2:24; Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5; Ephesians 4:32; Romans 5:1; Romans 8: 38-39.
- The Church: Is a unique organism composed of individuals who have placed their faith in Christ as Savior. The Church exists both in a universal aspect, as the Body of Christ and in the local assembly of believers. The local church has a twofold purpose of the edification of believers and the evangelization of the lost. The two ordinances of the church are water baptism and the Lord’s Supper. 1 Corinthians 12:13; Acts 2:1-4; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17; Colossians 4:16; Ephesians 4:7; Hebrews 13:17; Matthew 28:19-20; 1 Corinthians 11:23-28.
- Eternity: People were created to exist forever. People who reject Jesus Christ will exist eternally separated from God to eternal punishment in Hell. People who accept Jesus Christ as their Savior and Substitute will exist with God in an eternal state of bliss. John 14:3; Hebrews 10:37; 2 Corinthians 5:10; Matthew 24: 21-31; Revelation 20-22.